Sunday, February 12, 2023

Back from Helsinki with a hankering for better music playback.

 We went to Helsinki to visit our friends Ruth and Eamonn. It was really very lovely and not as cold as we feared with some lovely clear skies.

View of harbour ion Helsinki with ice in bay.

That didn't stop me getting caught in a bit of snow during a cycle around the city.

Me pushing a bike up steps in a snow flurry.

We had some great food in Nokka, noted for it's inexplicably huge pepper mills.

Me being served pepper in a restaurant.

I also came back convinced that I need to use Roon as my main way of corralling all my music and controlling playback. The interface is lovely, favouring album and artist images and links to extra information about them. It merges music on home drives (my NAS for example) and streaming music, seamlessly using whichever is best. It's just really easy to set up and great for wandering from artist to artist via the biographical links etc.


No comments: